Here at A&J Fabtech, we are continually looking to offer solutions to make our customers’ lives easier and when we were told that the design process is just too long in the industry overall, we were determined to do something about it! Combining A&J’s extensive product knowledge alongside industry leading software and inhouse expertise, the team are thrilled to announce that A&J Fabtech can now deliver a complete settlement bridge design in just one week thanks to their new automated design system, aptly named FACT™ (Fully Automated Configuration Tool).
Bespoke to A&J Fabtech, FACT™ utilises a series of proven design principles to generate an optimised design based around a harmonised standard specification. Developed to encompass 95% of all customer standards and specifications in the first instance for scraper designs between 5m-40m Diameter. The output can then be adjusted to suit the remaining 5% of customer specific requirements to ensure the client receives the highest quality results within the shortest timeframe.
This encompassing design tool has been in development for some time. The involvement of A&J Fabtech’s Technical Manager, Carl Hirst, has meant the project has undergone a rapid development and growth to the stage that it is now being used in live projects across our current workload. While the design process across the industry usually takes anywhere up to 8 weeks to complete, A&J Fabtech can complete this in just 1 week – placing A&J Fabtech at the forefront of the industry, not only in expertise, but also in response time.
A&J Fabtech continue to defy the ‘norm’ in a reversal of roles as the sales team will soon be able to complete the design process directly with the client at tender stage. This will further reduce the total turnaround, so that the time from order placement to site installation can be potentially reduced from the industry standard 12 weeks to just 8 weeks!
As specialists in design & engineering, everyone is extremely proud to be able to work with FACT™ and this is a completely new offering to the market. It truly emphasises our skills and highlights that we are at the forefront of design capabilities in the Water Industry and that is a fact!
At A&J Fabtech, we plan to further expand on the successful automation of Settlement Bridges and incorporate the full range of PERMASTORE® Tanks, our Thickener Systems, and even Distributor designs into the FACT™ project. It’s been an amazing year so far for A&J Fabtech, with this only adding to our success – watch out for more on FACT™ and further business developments.